Can you believe it’s the last day of 2012? This has been an incredible year for me, blog-wise. It was the first full year of the blog and full of so many projects, incredible experiences, new friendships and lots learned. Following suit of many of my favorite bloggers, I’ve decided to go through some of my favorite projects of 2012 (click on the photos or text links to go to the original posts).
1. January started with a bang, as it was the first season of Project Run & Play to have a sew-along component for people to participate at home. I churned out a bunch of projects for that season, some of which are still my favorites. One of those, is my “signature look.”
2. The Color Blocked Wiksten Tank was the first article of clothing I made for myself! And what do you know – it was even selected as a “Top of the Tops” during Rae’s Spring Top Sew-along! Sewing clothes for adults can be scary, but after my first few projects, I was able to build up a bit of confidence and now I enjoy sewing for myself!
4. Painted Purple was another outfit created for a Project Run & Play sew-along challenge and when this post got Freshly Pressed, it resulted in my busiest day on the blog to date! It was my first experience painting fabric and dyeing fabric, and now I love to do both.
7. Here’s another practical project – the Crayon Booklets that I made as party favors for Yuki’s 2nd birthday party. Super simple and handy to have around!
8. In September, I got to be a guest in what is my faaavorite new series of 2012. Film Petit is hosted by Kristin and Jessica and each month they choose a movie they love (and a guest they love ) and sew children’s clothing inspired by that movie. It is genius! We chose Wes Anderson’s, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and I made Yuki this (non-literal) Mrs. Fox tunic.
9. For my birthday, in October, I made myself a Darling Ranges dress. Like I mentioned before, sewing for myself is really intimidating, so making a dress was quite an accomplishment! And I wear this dress. all. the. time!
10. Halloween costumes are one of my favorite things to sew and this year I made my kid TWO costumes (because she refused to wear the first one). I finally convinced her to put this one on and I think it suits her perfectly! My sneaky little fox.
12. And last, but not least, is the recently posted Faux Leather Accent Foldover Clutch. These were the perfect Christmas gifts for friends this year, but really, they are perfect accessories for anytime!
And besides these 12 projects, I participated in 11 Project Run & Play Sew-along Challenges . . .
2 Kids Clothing Week Challenges resulting in 10 pieces of finished clothing . . . (I love stripes!)
Did a tour of Yuki’s Woodland Nursery . . .
And did 15 guest posts and over 20 new tutorials!!Phew! What a fun year! And it really wouldn’t have been the same without you, the readers! Thank you for all of your support and inspiration this past year – it has meant the world to me. 2012 was a fantastic year and I look forward to an unforgettable 2013 as well!
Here’s to a beautiful new year!