Ack! I can’t believe it’s the last week of July – where has the summer gone!?! *sniff sniff* So I’ve actually been suuuuper busy sewing and having all sorts of fun. Did you catch my weekend getaway on Instagram? Ridiculously fun times were had with some very awesome people. You should check out our hashtag #seamripcity. Anyways, I’ve got so much to share, but I’m still lagging with my blog posts. So here’s a tutorial on making a sleeveless bodice from a sleeved pattern that originally appeared on the Oliver + S blog as part of their “customizing” series. This top (made with super vintage nani IRO fabric that you can read more about here) is absolutely one of my favorite things I’ve made for Kaya so far.
Hi! I’m going to show you how to modify a sleeved pattern to a sleeveless version and finish the armholes with bias tape. I am using the Lullaby Layette Shirt pattern (View B) in this example, but you can do this with pretty much any pattern!